Friday, June 25, 2010

Health rant.

It's been 2 1/2 months since I last posted. Not much has changed. Although, I find I'm increasingly spastic over my heart. I think I need an intervention. I KNOW my heart is all right. My internist/cardiologist, Dr. P, would be more concerned if it wasn't, right? I'm not so sure about that. I'm losing faith in doctors. My gyn had me get a urinary test done last November or so saying my insurance would cover all but the co-pay. Plus, wanted me to get a lift thingie under my urethra to stop the "sneeze'n'pee" that happens. Wrong. I'm in the process of paying him $700+. I'm down to $400+, but am seriously thinking of not going back to him. (Weirdly enough, now that I've lost 23-24 pounds, that doesn't happen much any more.) Honestly? Why should I? I've had a hysterectomy, and my internist can do the pelvic and monitor the hormonal needs (read: make sure I can still take my tiny white pill every day).

I guess I'm concerned that Dr. P hasn't suggested a stress test, doesn't mention the mitral valve prolapse, or mention the 'need' for a colonoscopy. NOT that I could afford any of these things, even after insurance. Yet I worry about all of this stuff. We had a Nuvita Assessment at work. A new health wellness program. I was the 2nd person the guy, Jess, talked to the first day (June 7), and I think I scared him. He told me my "age" was 54, I'll be 52 in 3 weeks. I said "but my Wii Fit Plus says I'm 26." He gave me a funny look.

No comments:

Post a Comment