Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Year, New Goals

Well, same goals really. I lost 33 pounds in 2010! BUT, then came Christmas where I was still doing rather well, except that the Claims department ALWAYS had goodies, and well, my will power just went down the tubes. I gained back 8 pounds. *sighs* I can't blame it all on Claims, I had a sinus infection, twice that robbed me of most of my will to move. Early last week, I did get 3 days of workouts in, but then my head hurt so bad I actually wanted to cry. Came close a few times. Finally called the Doc on Friday, he called in a Z-pack, and I forced myself to work out for 20 minutes on Monday, and about 45 last night.

So, now that the last sinus infection... HOPEfully last one... is almost gone, I feel like exercising again. I've lost 4 of the 8 pounds! Thank God!

In responding to an email I passed around from Baskin Robbins this morning, I discovered (remembered) a recipe for Salmon Steak. So, this weekend, I believe I'll get some to alternate with the chicken I have every night. Salmon steak, pan grilled with some water, a little garlic and onion powders (NOT salt), 3 to 4 minutes on each side, with a salad.

My routine for the work week:
Breakfast: Whole wheat or honey wheat bagel with some Peanut Butter
Morning snack: handful of Animal Crackers
Lunch: Oatmeal with raisins, blueberries and raspberries
Afternoon snack: handful of Dark Choco. covered Almonds, or just a handful of raw, plain almonds
Dinner: Chicken thigh nuked in water with garlic powder and paprika, salad with lettuce, tomato, avocado and light sprinkling of Parmesan cheese
Dessert: Banana with some mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

LOTS of water -- over and above the recommended 8 glasses. Recent studies show you should have half what you weigh in ounces. Basically, if you weigh 200 pounds, you should drink 100 ounces of water a day. As of this morning, I'm 188.4, but I'm still trying to drink 100 ounces. It helps a body in so many ways.

Well, that's it for now.

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment