Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nuvita's first phase ended.

Our Nuvita's Live Younger 12-week session ended a few weeks ago. Since then, I was asked to speak at a breakfast about my experience. Yes, I was nervous, but I DO believe in the system. One of the advantages is that if you keep at 90% or higher each week, you get 6 months of Heart Monitor and computer program free. If you are below 90%, it's $15 a month. Still not bad.

Another good point of the program was the last two weeks Zone adjustment. It came at a really good time for me as I was getting "bored" with the old stuff. I needed something to change because, once again, I'd hit a plateau at 28-29 pounds lost. Frustrating. Anyway, Nuvita gave us the option to go to 3 Zones to work in tandem with our interval training. My Zone are 18 minutes in Zone 1 (heart rate of 93 to 116), 84 minutes in Zone 2 (heart rate of 117 to 144) and 18 minutes in Zone 3 (heart rate of 145 to 169).

I LOVE it! I watch House on Monday nights and step/run in place/do twists during the show, and still using the balance board from the Wii, go FASTER during the commercials. BOY!! Lemme tell ya, sweat poring from my brow (and any other place on my body), gulping down the water when the show starts again. 10 minutes in Zone 3 the first night. YES! I've lost 3 more pounds since starting the Zone 3 monster challenge.

This past Saturday, I decided to take the dogs with me outside the gates of the complex, and walk along McDermott to Custer. We got a little more than 1/2 a mile before turning back. It was around 1 p.m. Sunday we went a couple of blocks further, around 3:00, and lots of traffic, but that was fine. Monday, we went around 6:30 and made it a couple blocks shy of Custer - almost a full mile before turning back. Max decided he was tired, and kept jumping to bite at the leash handle. Do you have any idea how hard it is to keep pace with a 40+ pounds anxious Schnauzer nipping at your heels, your butt, your hand? Ginger was a trooper - scaring me when it appeared she was quite content to try to race traffic to the other side of the 3-lanes each way street. lol Gotta love 'em. :) Anyway, 25 minutes to walk almost 2 miles. I'm pleased.

Last night it was raining, hard. Even the dogs didn't want to go out. Well, they did, we leashed up, jacketed up, opened the door, walked under the carports to the grass, got their little faces wet and came back inside. Thank God for the puppy pad invention. : Soooo, watching an NCIS rerun from last year, I use the balance board, stepping, and bouncing, and when all is said and done, I had 21 minutes in Zone 3. YES! Didn't feel like it. Only half of my Zone 2, and all of my Zone 1. SHould be able to get my Zone 2 met this evening. One more Wednesday of softball, then off until March. I know I don't need to work out 7 days a week, but I crave the sweat, the burn, the energy, and the knowledge that I'm doing my body good; so I'll most likely get at least 5 days in each week.

Once my cardio is met, I believe I'll go back to the Wii, and play tennis, batting practice, and some of the Yoga moves to stretch and strengthen my muscles.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment